Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cabinets and Tile

 
This was a long, slow week at the house. Everyday that went by felt like it was in slow motion. Until Friday, and then when we went to the house that evening, it was almost like I had blinked and in that second the kitchen appeared. I've been studying the house plans since June and we ordered cabinets July- which seems like forever-ago. And now we almost have a real kitchen!
 
Below is a view from where the kitchen table will be. On the far back wall will be our cook top. The stained upper cabinets will have seeded glass doors and there will be a decorative hood for the vent.  On the right wall, there will be the double oven and refrigerator. The island will house the sink, dishwasher and microwave.
 


This is a picture of the butler's pantry. My dishes and crystal are so excited to have their very own home!



We also got tile this week in the bathrooms. Here is the master bath.


Below is the upstairs guest bathroom.


Here are the tile workers on their first attempt at installing our shower. Fortunately I went to the house one afternoon this week and saw that they were not installing it in the correct pattern. I called Maribeth and she was able to go over and get them to take it down before it got too stuck. I think it looks a lot better in the correct pattern. No one other than Brian, Maribeth and me would have known the difference, but I'm so glad that we were able to get it fixed. It would have driven me crazy every time I got in the shower know that it wasn't installed the way I had wanted.


 

We got to trick or treat in the new neighborhood this week. We set up a little "tailgate" in front of the house. We met a lot of the families who live on the four streets around us.


By Friday afternoon, a lot of grading work had been done on the front yard. It won't be long now before we have a driveway and a front yard!


No comments:

Post a Comment