Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Master Bath

Below are pictures of our master bath. I can't wait to start using it. Not only because it will have a large, walk-in shower, and a large bubble-y tub with a television, a private water closet, and his and her sinks and vanities, but also because I'm hoping it will be somewhat off limits to my children. Once we move in here, they will have their own bathrooms and I hope they enjoy using them. Right now, the bathroom is about the only place in this apartment where you can have a little alone time. And in a five room apartment, you don't get much time alone even in the bathroom.

Here is a picture of our shower. We picked out the tile at Lowe's. It was on clearance, but being the bargain shopper that I am, I asked for even more of a discount and they gave it to me! It is a porcelain tile, but is supposed to look like Carrara marble.  The name of it was Karrara- as in Carrara with a "K". Maybe it is supposed to make you feel like a Kardashian when you pick it out.

 
 
The photo below shows our floor tile. This was one area in which I spent a little extra. It is a vintage reproduction tile in little octagon shapes. We decided to put it in all the bathrooms which made us go a little over budget. But I have always loved this vintage look and I think it will look great once everything is done.
 
 
Later in the week the cabinets were added to the bathroom.  Here is my side of the room.


Here is Brian's side.





No comments:

Post a Comment